Cultural Bias in Machine Intelligence -- Journalistic Coverage, Technical Toolkits, Product Process
Project maintained by MachineBias
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Cultural Bias in Machine Intelligence
Journalistic coverage, process and technological approaches to inclusive analytical practices, sociotechnological theory, and recommended readings.
Please submit pull requests! Human forces keep this up-to-date.
Clare Corthell, July 17, 2018
State of the Union
Think Tanks / Working Groups / Courses
Talks & Experts
Syntheses / Long Form Reporting
Legal Context, Ethical Frameworks
Research: Cultural Bias in Data
Papers & Technical Approaches
Researchers & Data People to Follow
- Kate Crawford, Co-founder of AINow Institute
- Cathy O’Neil, Author of Weapons of Math Destruction
- Moritz Hardt, Co-founder and co-organizer of FATML
- Cynthia Dwork, Harvard Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science, Cryptography Expert and Author of Differential Privacy and works on fairness in classification.
- Kathryn Hume, Integrate AI Product Strategy and Speaker on history and philosophy of AI
- Virginia Eubanks, Author of Automating Inequality
- Joy Buolamwini of MIT Media Lab & Founder of AI Justice League
- Susan Etlinger, Industry Expert at Altimeter Group
- Solon Barocas, Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Science at Cornell University & Co-founder of FATML (I suggest following his website’s speaking calendar!)
- Richard Zemel, Co-Founder and Director of Research, Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Timnit Gebru Fairness Accountability Transparency and Ethics (FATE) Microsoft Lab, Co-Founder of Black in AI
- Clare Corthell, Industry Speaker on building more inclusive digital products
Submit a Pull Request! I’m reachable at
clare at luminantdata.com.